* I will be updating this post as I make progress.

Current Progress

10%

Day 1: 6 Jan, 2017
Progress: Solved "Candy Bags" on Codeforces from A2OJ ladder.
Thoughts: I have started solving A2OJ ladders and this was the first problem on the list. It was quite an easy ad-hoc problem.
Link to work.

Day 2: 9 Jan, 2017
Progress: Solved "Progress Pie" on Facebook Hacker Cup 2017 qualification round.
Thoughts: This was the first problem in the list. The problem was quite easily solved with simple vector mathematics. Only one problem has to be solved to qualify for the next round.
Link to work.

Day 3: 13 Jan, 2017
Progress: Worked on my OCR research project where I wrote some code to roughly disconnect the rossoi from the adjacent characters.
Thoughts: I am towards the end of the research project. The current goal is to properly disconnect the rossoi and dirghoi (two Bangla modifiers).

Day 4: 14 Jan, 2017
Progress: Solved "Word" and "Dreamoon and Stairs" on Codeforces from A2OJ ladder.
Thoughts: Both of the problems were very easy ad-hoc problems. However I took some time with the latter as I was trying to come up with an even better approach than just looping through.
Link to work 1 and work 2

Day 5: 18 Jan, 2017
Progress: Worked on my OCR research project where I wrote some code to roughly disconnect the dirghoi from the adjacent characters. Previously I have done the same for rossoi.
Thoughts: I am towards the end of the research project. The current goal is to properly disconnect the rossoi and dirghoi (two Bangla modifiers).

Day 6: 24 Jan, 2017
Progress: Worked on my OCR research project where I wrote some code to utilize template matching for the rossoi and dirghoi splitting and it is performing as I expected.
Thoughts: Template matching approach will alow detecting rossoi and dirghoi even in italic styles.

Day 7: 27 Jan, 2017
Progress: Worked on my OCR research project where I wrote some code to utilize template matching for the rossou, dirghou and ri splitting which are modifier residing below baseline.
Thoughts: Template matching approach allows detecting all the modifiers correctly.

Day 8: 31 Jan, 2017
Progress: Wrote some scripts to automate a few isolated scripts to generate outputs for the experiments I have already done for my OCR research project.
Thoughts: I still have to modify the current script to automate the whole process from input to output.

Day 9: 2 Feb, 2017
Progress: Segmented connected components from the split output that was generated previously.
Thoughts: There are some special cases that need to be handled.

Day 10: 4 Feb, 2017
Progress: The segmentation that I did earlier had the flaw where characters containing dots had two segments, one being the main body and another being the dot. I have handled that case.
Thoughts: As I have handled the case of characters with dot, some other cases have messed up.